Friday, May 6

Top 5 perform

I've been SOOOOO busy the last 2 weeks, and haven't had time to do a little idol bloggy action. So let's do a quick little recap of the top 5.

This was a pretty good week. OF COURSE Jacob was RIDICULOUS singing No Air. I'm so glad he is GONE from the season. Horrible hip thrusting action and just plain old ridiculous body movements.

Haley has so much more confidence on the stage than Lauren Alaina. Haley's scratchy vocals are just so interesting to listen to.
I'm irritated that Lauren didn't have the confidence to hit the big note in 'unchained melody'. That coulda been an incredible moment. She's just too dang nervous up there. The Carrie Underwood cover was just alright, but she doesn't have the acting down yet. You gotta get up there and act.
James and his little crying is getting too much for me. Pull it together man. Still love him though.
Scotty did well with his 2 numbers. I still predict him in the final 2.

So with Jacob gone, I have no one I hate anymore on stage. Daughtry left us at top 4 a few years back, do you think that could happen again?
Just read that Casey Abrams will be dueting with Jack Black at the finale. CAN NOT Wait to watch that one.
Next week they do songs from songwriters from the 50's. So some oldies again. I want one of the idols to take a song and totally switch it up,,, much like David Cook and Adam Lamber were able to do so brilliantly.

It's really hard for me to predict the rest of the season. I totally called Jacob going home, after this point, it will seriously be a surprise. Let's just say it will be a James/Scotty finale or a James/Lauren finale.

2 comments:

Becky said...

SO glad Jacob is gone.

A few weeks ago, I would have thought that Haley would be gone by now, but she keeps pulling through. She definitely has the most interesting voice, and she's been my little dark horse favorite for a while now. She's been in the bottom many times, but she keeps pulling through. I absolutely LOVED her singing House of the Rising Sun.

Lauren is SO good. So much talent, but she lacks the confidence. I'm tired of James and his emotions, too. Weeks ago, I predicted that Lauren and Scotty would be the final 2. But the judges love James so much, and it seems like once they say "this is yours to lose" or "see you at the finale," that's how people end up voting.

After the mass exodus of almost all the girls, it's nice to see two and two in the final 4!

Anonymous said...

Ding dong Jacob is gone :)
(I couldn't help myself)

I think its going to be James/James at the finale. I think he has such a huge edge confidence wise and fan wise that no matter who he competes against its going to be a land slide win for him.