Thursday, May 19

Top 3 Perform

Well after last week's shocking elimination, I had to rethink who was going to be in the finale. I can't believe James was booted off.... did people think he was safe??

Anywhoo,,
Last night was alright for me. The one who shined was Haley,,, not Lauren! Something about her age and immaturity just doesn't mesh well. Haley had confidence and went for those notes more than Lauren did.

Haley's Led Zeppelin # with her Daddy-O was awesome. She was wailing, she was moving, she was FALLING! Poor Girl, but she recovered perfectly. I don't know how she moves around in those heels anyways. I wouldn't be able to walk in those things! Her Fleetwood Mac song was very pretty as well, it showed a different side of her voice and her stage qualities. Her makeup was beautiful last night. and did you notice?,,, Steven Tyler said Beautiful in every single critique of the 9 performances. "That was beautiful man",,, over and over again. I understand why the judges picked the Alannis song for her,, and it was because of the chorus. The verses were muddled and hard to understand,,, it is a difficult song to sing... I know... it's on Rock Band! Lol. She did do justice to those chorus's.

Scotty the body, had his crazy googley eyes and eyebrows going all whacky for a bit, but I really liked the second song the best. The Kenny Rogers song was ultra on the cheese factor... not my favorite. And it was nice to hear his upper register on Amazed. I actually enjoy him the most when he plays the guitar, which he rarely did this whole season. Isn't it weird too that not one Idol played the piano?

Lauren Alaina sang a great bunch of covers. She is a copy cat in my opinion. The Faith Hill song, which I love, was just a regular old karaoke version. Nothing new. She did hit the great notes on "Dance" the last song, so I thought she sounded really good on that one.

I'm really feeling Haley this season. She's not a cookie cutter, has some personality and gusto, and can sing like no one's business.

I would like to see Haley and Scotty in the finale, but have a feeling America's teens went crazy with their texting last night and voted Scotty and Lauren in.

4 comments:

Kimberly Porter said...

I'm not a Haley fan. I think her voice is too scratchy and screamy for my taste. I voted for Scotty last night. I think Scotty and Lauren will make it.

But we will see. I was sad to see James go. But shocked? No, Pia was my sad moment this season!

Becky said...

Hey, remember on your top 8 post when I predicted Lauren and Scotty for the finale? :) I'm so happy that Haley made it as far as she did! I love her. I've only ever bought one AI alum CD, but I would buy hers.

I wasn't sad when James went home. I was pretty tired of him, and maybe a lot of other people were, too.

I don't think there's any way that Scotty won't win, but I'm voting for Lauren anyway. I think she has an amazing voice. I was loving her performance of "If I Die Young" until she missed her key change!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I like Haley. I think with the right team and song writers behind her, she could put out some really fun stuff.

Scotty, I do love his voice, but I think I would like him better in about 10 years. He's just a bit gangly and awkward for me. I guess because he's a teenager :) He's got it, just not quite ripe yet.

As for Lauren, I feel the same as Scotty. Just SO young. Or maybe I'm just getting too old for this show :) She's half Carrie Underwood and half Katherine McPhee. Talented for sure, but its been done.

Kimberly Porter said...

Only 2 winners I've ever liked afterwards: Carrie & Kelly. I hope Lauren wins 'cuz girls rule the school.