Wednesday, March 30

The top 11 perform,,,, AGAIN!

So, they used the save last week. Was it too early? They must have really felt like Casey Abrams could make it into the top 5.... and it was really nice of them to do it, because I think he totally deserves to go on tour. It was a pretty shocking results show,,, just as Ryan promised! ha ha. I'm kinda glad we are done with the save,, it just means,, you lose-you lose!

Well here we are,,, Elton John week? They haven't had this theme since season 3,, but a lot of Idols have sung his songs through the years. Remember when that red headed kid, John Stevens,  from season 3 tried to sing Crocodile Rock?? I think it might be one of the worst idol performances ever. I still have no clue how he even made it in.

Ok.. live blogging tonight.
JLO looks really pretty tonight. I like her hair straight,, and what's up with Ryan's comb over...?  hee hee.
Yes! Paul has his crazy rose jacket on,,, oh my!!! and suit pants! love it!

  1. Scott McCreery - (Country Livin') Wow, he's playing the guitar. Bout time! He is reminding me of Chris Ledoux tonight. Oh boy, that shoutout to the Grandma will get him a lot of votes! so cute. This performance was alright, just a good old cowboy song. He does have a lot of stage confidence. He never appears nervous.
  2. Naima Adedapo - (I'm still standin') Have they fixed her top teeth? I'm diggin' her knee high converse. K, she is so Lauryn Hill. This ain't half bad people. Let's hope there is no African dancin' in the future. She has a lot of confidence up there. I don't agree with Randy - it was not corny. oh, I remember that montage they did last year with Randy,,, "For me, For you." lol
  3. Paul McDonald - (Rocket Man) one of my favorites. I agree with the producer, he needs to bring it, bring some emotion. Hmmm, interesting. I didn't hear any pitchy notes dog.. Unlike the judges, I don't think that Paul really has the ability to hit those high notes. He should be safe.
  4. Pia Toscano- (Don't let the Sun Go Down) So, another ballad. Ack, did he just say that she needs to be between axl rose and fergie??? FERGIE SUCKS! Those are some crazy high shoes,,, hope she doesn't tip over! I like the choir affect with her voice. Ok, good vocal, of course, but what else does she have? Can she walk in rhythm with the beat,,, have a little gusto or something Pia!!
  5. Stefano Langone - (Tiny Dancer) maybe it's his eyebrows that are too bouncy when he sings?? But if you close your eyes when he sings he is right on. The crowd is not super jumpy during this performance. He's trying hard to get things going, but the crowd's just not feeling it. I predict bottom 3. It wasn't horrible, but with the level of talent this season, he might be going home. Steven Tyler looks a little sleepy tonight.
  6. Lauren Alaina -(Candle in the wind) whoa, she pulled her ear plug right before she sang,,, hope it doesn't fluster her. I want her to do well with this one. I'm pullin' for her. It's a little sleepy for me now, dang. It's like when she sings, it never goes anywhere. I want it to build and then, Bam!! It was good though for her to do a ballady song. Man, she is awkward with the questions,,, and yes,, she's in freakin' high school!
  7. James Durbin- (Saturday Night's Alright) what the?? haha.. the toe touch... He's channeling David Lee Roth! oh my gosh,, the mic stand, the piano standing... OH MY THE FIRE!!!! this is crazy!! I agree with Randy, he does really enjoy his performance. He'll be just fine.
  8. Thia Megia- (Daniel)  She looks really pretty tonight. um,,, bottom 3. This is super boring for me. Why won't any of the judges say anything negative about anyone!!
  9. Casey Abrams- (Your Song) It's good that the producer made him watch the performance over,, and also the beard! yipee! Oh, I like the staging with all the lights, very pretty. I'm glad it's just him singing without all the faces and rhetoric. This is so tender. Good for him, he'll be safe! Steven Tyler did not make sense with that little 2 note thing.
  10.  Jacob Lusk - (Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Thing) How cool to have him meet Mary J. His voice is buggin' a bit on this song. He's like bawling out there with his face. And he's a side singer. Oh, that kid that I loved who didn't make the top 13 sang this song and it was sooo good. Robbie Rosen....
  11. Haley Reinhart - (Benny and the Jets) How many times has she growled?? Let's count.. ha. That was a cool note that she hit. Her shoes should not have been nude color... in my opinion. She has a great wailing voice. I'd love to hear her sing some Heart.
Um, the judges seriously need to start critiquing the contestants honestly. I think I missed Simon a little on this show.

My power rankings based on tonight's performances.
  1.  James Durbin
  2. Lauren Alaina 
  3. Casey Abrams
  4.  Pia Toscano
  5. Scott McCreery
  6.  Haley Reinhart
  7.  Paul McDonald
  8.  Naima Adedapo
  9.  Jacob Lusk 
  10.  Stefano Langone
  11. Thia Megia
America's Bottom 3 will be Thia, Stefano, and Naima. ....Thia and Stefano going home.

3 comments:

Becky said...

When I saw the bottom three last week, I knew Casey was the only one they would consider saving this early on. But I didn't know if they could use it because Ryan had just told everyone else they were going on tour! The whole results show, I was saying to Ryan, "Stop telling them they're going on tour! If the judges use the save tonight, NO ONE knows for sure if they made the tour!" So I'm glad the way it worked out--that all 11 of them get to go. I never thought they would use it this early, but I'm so happy it's DONE! I hate the stupid save. Now I hope Naima and Stefano both go home before Casey.

Kimberly Porter said...

I just left you a freakin' awesome comment and it didn't take and it erased. I'm so po'd. Let's just say I love James and the judges sucked last night.

Anonymous said...

Can I have bottom four and send them all home? :) The fire was HILARIOUS! I was like, what the heck is happening here?!