Friday, March 11

Ashthon LEAVES

Results were exactly what I predicted. If America didn't vote her into the top 10 in the first place, it would take an INCREDIBLE performance the following week to change their mind. Well, that did not happen so she is taking the ride home. The bottom 3 were all deserving of being there as well - Karen Rodriguez and Haley Reinhart. I hope they both bring it next week.

Well the show went pretty well. Gotta love those group numbers...I especially loved seeing Scotty McCreery singing a little Michael Jackson in his wranglers! I don't know why they have to lip sync though. Gotta admit, I fast forward every Ford commercial. Oh my, that mansion was UNREAL. The front entry way was so big,, it looked like a hotel. I would never want to live like that.

Adam LAMBERT.... Oh my gosh I LOVE HIM! He's lost some weight and looked really good with his new haircut. His voice is soooo pure and real. I don't know how to explain it, but it just really sits well with my ears. I can't wait til his new album coming out this year. P Diddy, well, I liked the piano girl Skylar.... but I fast forwarded it a bit.

Next week's theme is Songs from the Year they were born. Some of those kids were born in 1995..... Oh my gosh, I'm getting old. That was junior/senior year for me. sheesh.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Ashthon was my pick to go home, too. I don't like her attitude, and her performance was weak. I'm glad she was the first to go.

I like Adam's new look and he was SO nice a few weeks ago when I saw him on The Talk, but I ended up fast forwarding most of his song! And all of P.Diddy's except the piano girl at the beginning.

I loved Paul when he sang Rod Stewart last week, but not so much this week. I like Lauren, but I think she needs to do something slower that really showcases her voice. I wish she would sing the Faith Hill song that she sang in her first audition. Lucky for her, I think she already has a pretty strong fan base because of her early audition footage.

Becky said...

Forgot to say...Do they really lip-sync the group numbers? I thought it sounded too flawed to be pre-recorded.

Kimberly Porter said...

I didn't know they lip-synced! I'll have to pay more attention. Adam Lambert was awesome, I'll have to admit. He's such a superstar. I loved that song, in that version as well and he was lookin' good, too! He should've won...

Ashthon is gone! Yay! It'll be interesting as to what comes this week. I'm lovin' most of these contestants!

Anonymous said...

You're back! :) I have to admit, I haven't even watched American Idol this year because like you...I thought last year sucked and was just too much. But after you're rave review of the new judges, talent, etc I'm going to give it a second second chance :) Any performances that were just amazing I should look up on youtube?

Oh, and did Kim say she likes Adam Lambert?! :) he he

Kimberly Porter said...

shush you! I've always liked him. Just not that weirdo performance (I can't remember the name, but I betcha Janelle does!)